Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wow....is the *vacation* over???

Apparently, someone opened the door, and I have been running wild for over a month!!! Time to rein it back in.
I weighed in today at 163. Time to start back to *being accountable*, with my food journal. I have been on the treadmill, every other day. I have worked up to 5 min warm ups and 20 min. running at 3.6-3.9 mph, followed by a 5 min. cool down. I find that about 7 min. into running my feeling of dread goes away and a zen like quality takes over, and I feel I could run for a long time in that zone. I usually have something on the TV to watch, I find that a hockey game is perfect to watch on the treadmill...((GO REDWINGS)).
I have to come up with a plan to save for another treadmill....When I bought the one I have it was a floor model, and it is a little wobbly, I have tried to tighten the blots, but it still moves when I run on it. When I hold the side rails and pull in, it feels more stable, and running is better. The belt is also pulling to the left. I don't know how to solve these two problems, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. The belt is also separating, and I don't know if this is due to the belt rubbing on the left side. It works for now, and I am sure it can be fixed, by someone. I may have to do some calling around. You have to think tho, to haul it somewhere and pay someone to repair it, how much more would it be for a new one....and then there is the problem of finding a new home for this one.....I guess I need to do some research. My philosophy is to work with what I have, and to save money....and be creative with what I have to work with, it the meantime, maybe I need to set out a jar, and pay myself so much for each mile I do, as a motivation to keep to my plan and to save for a new machine....Right now I am doing 30 min, and not quite 2 miles. It may take awhile.......

No comments: