Friday, December 12, 2008

Weigh In Day

Well, no weight loss recorded this week. The good thing about journaling all the food I eat, I can go back and look at it and see why this was. I think I need to add more veggies in my diet. I know I am eating a lot of carbs, but they are complex. I am keeping the saturated fat below 10, which my doctor recommends. My exercise so far has been limited to work, the walk I do while working and the 15 min. break I get, is usually spent walking downtown, which usually ends up being 20 min, on our route. I average 8000 steps a day, and I need to get that up to 10,000 as my next goal. I need to add variety to my diet. I have stayed away from beef and pork, altho one day I did have a couple slices of ham lunchmeat. High in sodium, which I need to stay away from. I also surrendered to a favorite, especially around the holidays...as I was grocery shopping I came across the baking isle, and a jar of mincemeat caught my eye, and being expensive I thought twice about it. The memory's it evoked was worth the price, because it took me back to the *farm*, and my grandmas country cooking, and a fresh mincemeat pie sitting on the holiday table....It was delicious. I haven't calculated yet the calories, ect for one piece. I am sure the crust will be the biggest culprit. It isn't really that big of a challenge for me to watch what I eat during the holidays, I just don't have the desire for all that *sweet stuff*...I think the increase in fiber keeps my appetite in check. This week I will try to;
1. Add more fruit and veggies
2. Increase my steps to 10,000
3. Add more variety to my meals

No comments: