Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A new recipe

I thought I would share this veggie recipe with you. I was very happy how it turned out, just using what I had on hand, keeping mindful of *healthy* and non-meat.

veggie soup

3 lg russet potatoes-cubed
a handful of baby carrots, cut up
1 med. sweet onion, diced
saute the above in 1/8 cup olive/canola oil mixed, until slightly brown
add 1 lg garlic clove that has been flattened and cut fine
1 lg can of whole tomatoes, tear apart with hands, add juice as well
I was in a hurry so I let this boil for a bit, maybe 20 min. then
add 1 can of black beans
a couple dashes of franks hot sauce.
fresh ground pepper.
cook until tender.

This soup has the consistency of a chili, probably because It got reduced down through the high boiling....you don't have to do this, but I tell you...it was great like this, and I kind of thought Chili when I was eating it. I had some carb freedom flour tortillas and cabots 75% fat free cheese on hand so I made quesidillias, sorry about the spelling on this...Let me know if you try this.

No comments: