Monday, December 8, 2008

New foods...

Tofu, Gimmie Lean, ground beef substitute, hummus...I have another recipe for Seitan, I tried it once before, and it was ok...this recipe I have now is for pepperoni. I want to try that for pizza. Veggie pizza is my favorite anyway, but...something to try. I don't know how vegan cheese would be on a pizza, but if I want to try to cut out the fat, it is worth a try. Ok, this is what I made:
Tofu; I made chicken strips, and scrambled *eggs*, when I broke it up and fried it up with mushrooms and onions, I couldn't tell the difference between it and egg whites, well, actually I could, it had more body and more flavor. I will make that again.
Hummus; homemade hummus is the best, I will definitely make this again. I also cut up pita bread(top and bottom)into triangles and brushed them lightly with olive oil and crisped them up in a 375* oven for 8 mins. The chicken strip and hummus recipes can be found on http://www.vegweb.com/ .
Gimmie Lean, comes in a 1 lb log, like hamburger, looks similar. I added some liquid smoke and durkees new black pepper and fried it on the Foreman. It was very good, add tomato, and onions...and there ya go.....So far so good. I don't feel like I have *missed* anything in my diet yet...I don't feel *hungry* between meals, due to the increase in fiber. I do have two snacks, usually around 10:00 and 3:00, apple, kashi soy protein drink, or fiber one poptart. All in all, seems to be going well.

No comments: