Friday, November 28, 2008

A new adventure...

For years I fought getting on medication for high cholesterol, saying I could do it myself with diet...I lied, I never did, I may have made a feeble attempt. Finally a few years ago I was put on 10mg. and encouraged to follow a diet and exercise plan..I guess my mentality at the time was, well, I am on meds, they will take care of me...Then early this year I was raised to 20mg. and then this past week to 40mg. I didn't have a pencil to jot down my numbers but I will get them today. The overall Cholesterol wasn't that high, 220 I believe, and I say this because it has been 330, when I wasn't on meds, nor was I put on them at that time. My LDL if I can recall was 124, and I think that is why the raise to 40mg. I immediately went to the library and got several books on lowering it, scared that I was going down the *family history path*. I finally decided to be responsible for myself. This blog is about my journey. I will post the steps I am taking, natural treatments I try, books I read, information I cull. Feel free to comment, correct, encourage. This is an experiment, I am not a professional in this field, so it is all trial and error. I am my own case study. I might add that for added encouragement, I have decided NOT to go to 40mg, and add the natural cures in place, hoping to get dropped down to 10mg or less.

No comments: